Yankee Doodle Chicken Noodle Soup
Yankee Doodle Chicken Noodle Soup by Cooke Tavern.
Look out Grandma…this just might replace your chicken noodle recipe! This quick cook, clear broth mix boasts thick handmade Amish noodles, all natural ingredients, along with yummy freeze dried vegetables. Considered America’s #1 comfort food, this will become a staple to your pantry to help get you through the cold and flu season; it is guaranteed to cure what ails you! Add broth, celery and chicken, cook for 40 minutes and the taste will make you ‘cock a doodle do’!
Makes 2 Quarts: 6-8 servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Contains: egg noodles, freeze-dried peas, carrots, onion, parsley & celery
Allergen Info:Pasta contains wheat. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat.
- 3 cans (14.5 oz) of chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken breasts halves (skinned, boned and cubed) or 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional fresh-chopped parsley & ground pepper (to garnish)
- Add chicken broth, water to stock pot and bring to boil
- Add soup mix, chicken, salt, and celery. Return to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender
Yankee Doodle Chicken Noodle is best enjoyed with a topping of fresh chopped parsley & ground pepper. Serve with a crisp salad or fresh baked bread for a quick, nutritious meal!
- Add fat free or low fat chicken or vegetable broth.
- Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
- Add diced Tofu to give the soup that extra boost of texture and nutrition!
- Add your favorite vegetables such as additional carrots, celery, potatoes or corn to make a hearty chicken stew.
- Add chicken potpie noodles to give it a thicker broth.
Crock Pot Instructions
- Cooks in only 40 minutes. Crock-pot not necessary